Located in Los Angeles, California, Rockaway Records sells music memorabilia such as posters, rare vinyl, and awards. When we came on board, Rockaway had an outdated site where managerial duties became impossible, from processing orders to giving their users the proper search tools to find the memorabilia they were looking for.
In addition, Rockaway increasingly came into possession of a rare memorabilia, such as a sketch by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, which they wanted to promote heavily. It was a good time for them to revamp their digital presence.
They were in need of a new website that was easier for their clients to navigate and find all information needed to make a confident buying decision.
It was important for Rockaway to be able to update the back end of the site themselves so that they could have up-to-date pricing and specials. They were also in need of branding and marketing strategies to modernize and upgrade their digital presence.
We met with Rockaway to discuss their needs. Every update was made as a result of close consultation with the client. We created a new strategy for products that required special rules from filtering to checkout, and customized the back end to make processing more efficient.
Along with this, we established a content strategy and a blog to disseminate across all necessary marketing channels. This involved reconstructing their entire social media presence, including developing a blog for better tagging and description writing of items. The blog was also a vital part of the strategy for optimizing the site for search.
Expanded marketing campaigns were also implemented to better keep customers informed of upcoming sales and promotions. We were successful in selling the sketch after a Beatles Week campaign that was heavily promoted on the site and on social media.
Our Work Includes:
- Complete custom website redesign based on close consultation with Rockaway
- Integrated a Magento content management and E-Commerce system
- Optimized for search
- Designed a “We buy” section to highlight that they want to buy merchandise
- Integrated email newsletter sign-up tools
- Added ability to mark certain items as featured, new, or lower priced
- Public relations, including social media management, and placing articles in NME magazine and the LA times
- Partnered with local venues to give away concert tickets to Rockaway customers