What is the Google Panda Update?
Google launched the first Panda algorithm update in February 2011. The main goal behind this update was to avoid content farming activities, which means adding duplicate, low quality and spammed content has no or low value now. Specific content guidelines have always been a big unknown for website marketing and SEO experts who work daily to figure Google’s algorithm change so not get hit hard and lose rankings. To be honest, nobody knows the exact answer, initially, and it’s more about guess and check to see how sites perform after an update.
Welcome Panda 4.0
The main goal for this article is to warn, or let’s say inform, you about the most recent updates by Google (2) which happened back-to-back last week. The two updates are called Panda 4.0 and Payday Loans. The newest Panda goal was to detect duplicate and low quality content. Last week, many websites lost their searching rankings, suddenly, because of content quality. According to preliminary research 7.5% of all English searches have now been adjusted.
What is the Payday Loan Update?
Payday loan update first launched a year ago on the 11th of June 2013. The aim was to detect and penalize websites who use spam content, pornographic content, or any content that manipulates search results somehow.
Back-to Back Updates
Google has said they won’t throw multiple updates at once, or within a few days period, but this time they did indeed release two unrelated updates, which both have effects to websites. Throwing out two back to back updates will obviously make it a bit harder to figure it out what’s happening. Site owners should be ready to either a rise or fall on search results because of the Panda 4.0 update, and will have to move quickly to alleviate any negative effects. For example, eBay had a significant fall from 1% of their queries to 0.28%. Do not be surprised if we see any other big notorious, low quality content, websites have similar effects. Also be warned, those of us at ATAK Interactive, as well as some of our colleagues, are still waiting for the new Penguin update which is expected. The last Penguin update was over a year ago. The chances are pretty high we see one of those updates soon, especially in light of Google releasing both payday and Panda 4.0 at almost at the same time.
What to Do Now?
First of all, if you have a website that has rich and relevant quality content in it, and if you aren't manipulating Google search rankings, you will be fine after every possible update. ATAK warns you that even if you aren’t manipulating rankings maybe your SEO Company or team are doing so is doing this so please ask them and never let them do it. There are big penalties one might face.
- Content should be unique and of high quality explaining the benefits of products or services.
- You need to check copy escape of the content, and make sure that the content is not copied from somewhere else.
- Try to be more specific on topic while writing content, as content should be related to the particular service related keyword. If you are targeting online shoppers in Los Angeles on home page then there should be focus on online shopping related location area in the content two times, keeping sentence structure in mind.
- Avoid using too many keywords within the content, as it looks unnatural. (Stuffing)
- Keep your content language simple and clear.
- Content should be 60% informative and 40% promotional.
- Try to use bullet points in the content.
- Most importantly provide good and high quality content to your visitors. Help them out and make them share your content as much as you can.
As trustworthy and loyal search engine optimization and web marketing specialists, we at ATAK Interactive wanted to inform you about what to do after these updates. If you need any further consultancy or advice please call us 1-855-472-1892 or visit our website www.atakinteractive.com