Local Search Engine Marketing Tips by Los Angeles SEO Firm
With the advancement of time, Search Engine Optimization now includes Local and Regional Search Engine Optimization, developing more curiosity among people. Search Engine Optimization means aggressive marketing online. If it clicks ,fortune surely pour in.
Most common questions related to Search Engine Optimization are: I have a Los Angeles website design company and 90% of my business is based locally. How should I do my SEO / SEM for my website design? Do I have to do something different for Los Angeles SEO and search engine marketing?
ATAK Interactive Response:
To start with, if you are a Los Angeles based company and want to gain higher rankings locally then Search Engine rankings for local keywords are critical. The same tasks are undertaken for both, Local Search Engine Optimization as well as for International Search Engine Optimization. The tasks a Local SEO must take into consideration are keyword research, site crawling ability, create unique and useful content for web pages, submit to local as well as non-local directories and build out remaining links from other sites.
Some new, and useful tips:
- Local directories are cheaper than usual directories for they provide more return on investment. If your website is ranking well on Google, then it is a good site to be listed on.
- A Los Angels web design company has the potential to join more than twenty chambers in Los Angels itself. Therefore, submit your website to local Chamber of Commerce and Better Business Bureau.
- By building editorial linkage through directory listings is one way you will not be charged for the clicks. If people are searching for your site then paid inclusions can be costly. It is worthless to pay for a recurring click every time when a user searches for your brand name with the targeted keyword “Los Angeles Web Design” that does not outrank the listing. Yahoo! and Google Sitemaps are good tools to review in this regard.
- Instead of starting a new site from scratch and creating a temporary web site in correspondence to your main site, it is better to create a small site on an already established site. This can increase your return on investment faster. For example, if a site by the name if losangeleswebdesign.com may have been around for 10 years, they will charge a $20 fee to establish your small business account. Allowing the site owner to have power over the Los Angels web design. com trust.
- A .uk or .ca is needed, if your target audience is that of United Kingdom or Canada. And if you want to target a diverse local market of different languages, it is recommendable that you use sub domains by language or different domains for the secondary markets.
It is highly advisable that you post your business address on the home page and one other page. The format should be:
1615 Westwood Blvd.
#206 Los Angeles,
Per page of the site must focus on one location at a time. The most important city must be targeted on the home page, as too many towns reduce the page relevancy to local searchers. The more relevant your page is to a buyer, the higher the conversion rates are.
Some Local Search Advertising Questions to Ask Yourself:
Are you bidding on ads relevant to your area? Are you bidding on core terms and alternate ways to define your products? Is your ad copy for each keyword group relevant?
Well, the Google Local Business Center allows one to list businesses on Google Local and Google Maps for free. Google is also testing Ad Words which allows users to buy local ads on Google Maps. Whereas, Google AdWords offers users to set up advertisements in many ways using modifiers to target your local ads.
Yahoo! Local offers free basic listings and a monthly flat rate advertising fee based on your local market size and business category.
Other local search sites and local directories are: Verizon Superpages, TrueLocal, and CitySearch. Some other options include CraigsList, judysbook, switchboard, and local library web sites.
For Local Search Advertising test market demands using: Google Adwords, Yahoo! Search Marketing, and MSN AdCenter.