Contrary to popular belief, getting noticed by Google, Bing and other search engines is not complicated at all. In fact, it is quite simple after you understand what turns search engines on. If you want to really enhance your online presence there are a few things you need to take care of before you start promoting your site. First and foremost, you will need to ask yourself: Is my website search engine friendly? There’s only one way to find out for sure. If you live in California, consider having a Los Angeles SEO company conduct an analysis of your website.
A professional web design company will evaluate your website and offer you helpful suggestions on ways to improve the functionality of your website before they even begin to discuss web promotion. If your website is search engine friendly, you are ready to take it to the next level by following these eight helpful tips that will make the search engines fall head over hills with your site.
8 Things To Do To Boost Up Search Engine Rankings
1. When adding video to your website or blog, make sure you place keyword rich text around your video content. The search engines love sites that place keyword rich content around their videos.
2. Search engines notice web content that’s original and well-written. Avoid rehashing content that you read on your competitors’ website. If you want to truly standout from the competition, make sure you post content that’s 100% original.
3. Search engines automatically boost rankings of websites that add fresh content on a regular basis. The more quality content you add to your site, the more relevant your site will appear to the search engines.
4. When you receive unintentional links to your website from other quality sites, it will increase your ranking. This is why it is so important to provide your audience with useful content. Give them something to sink their teeth into. Site owners with high ranking will more than likely link to your website without you asking them to.
5. Only link to quality websites and blogs. Remember, quality is better than quantity. It is better to have 50 quality links than 100 links to poor quality and low ranking sites.
6. Seek back links to sites that are relevant to your industry. Stay away from sites that are not within your genre. Make sure you avoid link farms like the h1n1 pandemic. Link farms are worthless and will actually lower your ranking.
7. Avoid adding too many images to your website. Just like with videos, make sure you include content with relevant keywords on your web page along with your images.
8. Make sure you include well written titles and Meta tag descriptions that include relevant keywords. Try using long-tail keywords; this will help boost your page rank.
When you follow these 8 valuable tips from Los Angeles Web Design company, you will begin to reap the benefits of successful online promotion.read more
Are you looking for a web designer to get your website design projects done? Hiring a web designer is a crucial decision and there are a number of factors that should be considered while choosing a web designer for your website design projects. This article from Los Angeles Web Design company will break down the essential 10 characteristics to look for when choosing someone to design your website.
Experience: One should find out how long their website developer or website agency has been in business and what type of projects they have worked on. There are many models for websites, and often there is someone whose past experience with a similar client type will be an advantage to you. Past experiences with similar business types should lead to quicker discovery because that website designer knows what options there are and what questions to ask. Also, make sure that your developer is working with modern technologies and best industry practices, no matter if they know your business model or not. Modern practices lead to better search engine results and good usability across multiple browser types and operating systems.
Development Skillset: Although this may be harder to hone in on, ask your website developer or website agency about their skill set and attention to best and industry standards. Ask if they are using most modern HTML coding, high quality CSS for best cross browser compatibility, smart basic search engine optimization practices, and a site that is foundational in that you can add more pages or content down the line. You may want to ask how far their technical strengths are in custom programming, ecommerce, content management system development, or other skills if you know you may need them. If you want to sell products online, you will need a website developer who has a lot of experience in ecommerce website design and development. Often, as a company uses the web more and more, business owners find they need more than one person do handle all skill sets needed for a particular website project.
Website Portfolio: A website company’s work will most often speak for itself. Decide if you like their website design portfolio. A design portfolio will show you what styles a website company can deliver and what type of features to expect in their page designs. When you look at a website design portfolio, you can form questions about those designs that may lead to a better design for you. If you see something you really like one of the website designer or website agency designs, you can point out what you like about it, what you want, and what you do not want.
Client References: Ask for your website designers client references. Who better to talk to then current and past clients? One should not feel strange about asking for this. A website is often not a small investment and one should be sure he or she knows what the website developer’s customers are saying. You may want to talk to client’s who have similar projects to yours.
Strategy: A website project requires proper preparation, attention to detail, collaboration, and more. Organization becomes as important as any of these items. You will want a website designer who can effectively communicate with you and your personnel, from project start to project completion. If you need a hand holder, hire a hand holder. If you want someone who will come in for planning meetings once a week as part of the project, hire someone who can commit to that. A website developer needs to have organizational tools in place to keep the project on time and can get all involved to meet deadlines in order to meet time goals. Ask your website developer how a project process will go and see that you can agree to meeting times and other requirements for good outcome.
Availability: If you know when you need your website to go live, make sure your website developer will be able to make him or herself available to meet your deadline. If they have many projects at once, make sure they will make your project as important and will meet your time requirements.
Flexibility: On the other hand, you require a designer who can be more flexible and accommodate you when you can make time, see that this can be done. If you know you want many designs or may change your mind in the middle of the project as to what direction you want to go, make sure you developer knows this and can work with you. Developers may require more or less money depending on the flexibility you need. If you need the flexibility, however, the change in price may be an easier decision that if you did not.
Location: Website designers have the luxury and flexibility to work wherever they have a computer with their website design software tools and utilities. Some designers are less flexible in that they require the ability to work from home or from an office that is provided for them. A website client must determine what type of communication is required, especially when considering websites need updates. Your website designer will probably be someone you will work with for quite a while if all goes well. If your business is in Los Angeles, California for example, and you require someone to visit your office once a month, you should probably hire a website designer who lives in Los Angeles or nearby.
Education: Many website designers teach themselves or take specific courses in school to be able to do what they can do. A degree is not a requirement, as nothing speaks for itself like a good website design portfolio, but a degree in a related field does add credibility. Degrees in Marketing, Graphic Design, Business (with emphasis in e-business), Communication, Programming, Sociology, and Psychology are additional assets. Often, when an agency is hired, they will have people with various degrees. Many eyes on your projects from diverse backgrounds may help better user experiences for all personality types.
Personality: Do you like your web designer’s attitude, their tone, and the way they dress and present themselves when in your company? Make sure you feel comfortable with the website designer you choose because you will most likely work with this person for a long time. Websites need updates and website trends change. You will want a website developer who will communicate with you about all of the things you can or should be doing with your website. Again, do you like the people you are about to hire?read more
ATAK Interactive, is a Los Angeles web design company committed to building lasting business relationships with clients. Recently, the award-winning web design company has been rated as the top 10 ecommerce SEO company in the U.S. by TopSeo.com. The decision was based on a strict set of criteria. ATAK International endured an exhaustive analysis that delved into the business practices of the company and compared it up against industry standards to make sure their work is high-quality.
ATAK International has created hundreds of interactive websites for clients globally. Their highly-skilled web design team utilizes the best technologies available. They offer a comprehensive selection of web design services including custom programming, ecommerce web design, flash design & development, graphic design, CMS development, SEO and other web design solutions. The web design company has a long client list in a variety of industries including, fitness, real estate, commercial design & construction, retail, and other entities.
For client convenience, the web design team meets with clients one-on-one to discuss project details from beginning to end. They strive daily to provide clients with outstanding craftsmanship and stellar customer service. In addition to web design, they also provide SEO copy writing, content analysis and website usability. One thing that separates this company from many web design firms is that they combine inventive website design and web programming to help clients rise above the competition.
About ATAK Interactive
ATAK Interactive is a top-rated Los Angeles web design company specializing in ecommerce web development. The company’s web design team consists of over 150 talented web designers. Their online web design solutions ranges from interactive web design to social media marketing. The company was established in 2005 by David Ephraim and Josh Goodman. They cater to both small businesses and large corporations with innovative web solutions. To find out further details about ATAK Interactive, visit their website at: www.atakinteractive.comread more
Link building is often thought of as getting other websites to link to your website. This strategy is called external link building and is part a good search engine optimization (SEO) strategy. Studies show your keyword ranking results do improve as your site gains more exposure and credit on the web via other websites, blogs, and social media outlets who link to your website. As the number of links pointing to your website grows, and the quality of the sites that link to you improve, your website will gain credibility to search engines that will then move you up above your competitors.
Internal link building, which is often overlooked, is web site optimization strategy one should make sure be done on a website, when creating the site. Internal link building also plays an important role in eCommerce SEO. Additionally, internal links set to keywords from pages on your website to other pages on your website significantly impact search engine rankings, search engine “crawlability,” and become very useful for users who will notice an improved user experience.
To tackle internal link building effectively, especially with an eCommerce website, there are several things one should do.
- Link pages of specific subjects to other pages with relevant content related to that subject. Linking between pages tells search engines to discover the topics you are projecting and group similar topic pages together. This grouping, if well thought out, tells the engines how much content you have about a particular topic. Do not link every keyword to every page that has that keyword because you can confuse the search engines. Search engine optimization specialists like ATAK Interactive will help create a smart strategy before the website is built.
- Build pages for your brands (brand landing pages) and you can automatically create a page with keywords related to a brand, products the brand offers that you sell, categories of products you have for the brand, and any other brand relevant text. Brand pages are a way to link category keywords and more in another page of your site. If you have 30 brands, like a shoe store may, you can add 30 pages of keywords to your site.
- Add Related Items to Product Details – Users click on a product details page to find out all information about a product. One should display related products on this ecommerce cart page as well which creates links to other products on the site. Search engines can see/index the site with more ease and rate relevance between pages.
- Add Brand Links – Add links to Brand Pages on your product details pages and relevant resource pages. When you list the product information, list a link to the brand page. Also, one can create a related brands list which will list all brands that have products in similar categories as the particular product we are discussing.
- Hot Deals, Featured Items, Most Popular – Add a section like this on your home page. Within this section, list your most popular products and make sure the product name and even a short description show. These are all keyword opportunities and one can even tag images with good ecommerce website cart software.
- Blogs – Blogs are simple to set up and definitely help if you use the blog to write about and link to topics, services, and products on your website. Make sure your text in blog posts link to products and pages in your website.
- Static Page Scan – Go through all of your website pages and link from keywords in that content to your landing pages. Consider your users all of the time and make sure you do not distract them from website goals. Internal link building can help users when done right and appropriately in that links go to pages that make sense.
- Breadcrumbs – Use these for usability and anchor text differentiation.
- Site Map – Use a sitemap, Sitemaps are good for search engines and visitors.
- Be Consistent – Linking behavior is important in that one does not want to link to myhomepage.com on one page and myhomepage.com/index.php on another page and myhomepage.com/index.php&id=343 on another.
- Optimize Existing Links – Contact prominent websites that link to you and ask them to change.
Internal link building is now a crucial component of effective search engine optimization and too often overlooked. Here, ATAK Interactive, a Los Angeles SEO company, suggests properly planned and designed internal linking strategy. On site SEO strategy is a great help for engines and visitors. Additionally, by improving the user experience at the same time, your website gains an expert reputation in its field.read more