Top Reasons a Responsive Website Design Update May Be Right for You
Everyone knows mobile website use is going nowhere. We will be forever married to our smart phones and likely tablets now too. Knowing this fact, businesses must provide platforms for these users to find and interact with the business. Until recently businesses would have to build several versions (often more than 4) to accommodate their users.
Today, responsive website design exists, and 2013 will be the coming out party. Below are the top reasons a responsive website design strategy may be right for your business.
- Increase Business Value - A responsive website will increase the value of your business. This type of website build is considered advanced. In that case, if you are looking at the value of your business, a responsive website will most likely be valued higher than a normal one.
- Administration Efficiency - A responsive website is one that works and looks perfect on all PC resolutions, on all mobile devices, in all operating systems, on all browser types. Site administration is reduced to managing one single website instead of a web based version, a mobile version, an iOS app, etc. Bottom line, a responsive website requires less content maintenance and content syncing...fewer tasks.
- User Experience/Increased Conversion Rates - Users will notice very little change in their website experience when switching to one device to another. A responsive website will follow the same setup and site map no matter if the user is on his or her PC, tablet, iPhone, android phone, Nexus 7, etc. Loyal customers will appreciate the time you save them to learn the structure of a new website for a new platform. Responsive website design will increase the ease at which users "re-use" the website, a positive website experience, and will complete transactions faster, with more frequency.
- Search Engine Optimization - A responsive website design strategy allows you to focus your search engine campaign around a single site as well. Administrators and Marketing Managers now can watch a single campaign instead of a campaign for a mobile site as well. This allows more effort to one site instead of splitting your campaign efforts among multiple sites. You will be able to then try more things on a single site due to more budget flexibility. Initial research also shows Google's favor for a responsive website approach due to the simplicity and consistency of one's website structure.
- Social Sharing Experience is improved - Responsive website design is better for social activities. The simple reason is that the URL's are the same no matter what device a user is on. Now users who share a link on their tablet will send their friends to a link that is perfectly sized for the new user. With responsive website design the URL rarely changes.
- Competitive Advantage - For now, responsive website design is young and most of your competitors do not have a responsive website. You have a chance to win some users over, now.
- Less Worry - With only one website to manage, a responsive website, you will now only have to worry about one hosting package, errors/possible issues on one single site, and user experience improvements on one site. Imagine owning 3-4 houses and then only 1.
- You "Should" Save Money Long Run - A custom responsive website design may not be cheap to develop at the outset. There is more design work needed, more strategy time to plan this design work, and more html work. This, though, is for one single site. Long run, maintenance costs will be lower because you only have to care for one responsive site. Further, most businesses, like a local café or salon, will not need to invest in an app or any other mobile service they are being pitched. A responsive website strategy will save time and money, long run.
Would you like to have a single web design that drives all devices instead of having to create unique websites for desktops, tablets, smart phones, and older phones?
Please call us at 310.526.7493 for guidance and a free estimate. You can also schedule a meeting to come into our Los Angeles office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.